As experts in our field and many years' experience under our belt we receive frequent questions and are more than happy to offer professional advice on a daily basis.
- What is the lease length and what does it mean?
- Lease extension and likely costs – we can provide a guide based on our years of experience in the area
- Comparable evidence of similar property sales
- How is the market? Or, what is happening in the market?
- How do I find a good solicitor /surveyor? We can recommend some
- How much would it cost to refurb this property to the standard expected of buyers?
- How to maximise the value of property in terms of refurb whether it be layout, style, décor or fittings
- Questions re listing of the property and we can tell them what it means
- What is the history of the area? Given our experience and passion for the area we can talk for hours and we may even give you a copy of the Ayrton Wylie ‘Little Book of Facts about Belgravia’
- We have even been asked by a buyer ‘What can I do for you to ensure I get this property?’ The answer is simple. Nothing - we act for the vendor. We then ask them a question. Would they instruct us to sell or rent their property if they knew we were not honest & professional?
Questions from landlords
- Comparable evidence of our rental valuation? We are able to access rents achieved on all properties in the area
- Should I let this property furnished or unfurnished? We will advise accordingly depending on who the property is likely to appeal to and their preference.
- What rules and regulations do we need to be aware of? We will advise on compliance with latest legislation e.g. smoke detectors and carbon monoxide recently brought in. Our staff attend regular ARLA course to keep abreast of the changes in regulations
- We are too busy to deal with the tenant and look after the property. No problem – we offer a comprehensive management service
- I don’t know of a good plumber. We can recommend firms form our list of preferred contractors
- Can you hold an emergency set of keys for us? Yes we can and they will be tagged. coded and stored securely
- Can I have a package/parcel delivered to your office? We know how busy all our clients are and regularly receive parcels for them. We may even offer you a glass of wine when you come to collect on the way home!
Questions from Tenants
- What is the minimum or maximum length of tenancy I can have? This depends on the landlord and their plans for the property but also the rent you are prepared to pay and how well you look after the property.
- I have a dog so is that a problem? Again this depends on the landlord but will most likely entail a higher deposit. Certain properties are more suited to pets
- What other costs are there apart from the rent? There may be additional costs in drawing up the tenancy as shown in our fees section but you will be responsible for things like utility bills and council tax
- Can you recommend a good restaurant locally? Indeed we can – what sort of food do you like?